Recent Wind Damage at KRO
Recent wind storms have wreaked havoc all over Puget Sound, but in particular they have knocked down two large alder trees at KRO, the Kiwanis Ravine Overlook property.
KRO has a wonderful loop trail that wanders around the property, but with these fallen trees, the loop trail is blocked. Hopefully, the Department of Parks and Recreation will help out.
Photos from our Heron Gallery
Here are some photos taken a few years back by a local photographer named Mike Hamilton. His photos are available on another website (see www.mikehamilton.biz), but he has graciously given us permission to publish some of his work.
- Enjoy the pleasure and tranquility of weeding with the Restoration Committee folks in one of our Kiwanis Ravine native plant gardens.
- Public Relations - Be the "go to" person for contacting local publications and community organizations telling them of HHH's events and activities.
- Visualize and Staff SeaFair table - We need people to help conceive a display table at the annual Magnolia SeaFair event and to help staff that table.
- Assist Outreach Committee in trying to improve Seattle's tree ordinance and be a "watchdog" for protecting the herons.
- Inventory - Plan and conduct a tree inventory in the 500' GBH buffer area.
- Start a Hospitality Committee to support our events.
- Join the group of active members and eventually become a Board member.