April 4 - 1:00 -3:00 PM
Meet the Herons with HHH Naturalists
Flying through the air with the regal grace of a prehistoric creature, the Great Blue Heron has returned to Commodore Park. Using telescopes, join HHH in observing Great Blue Herons in over 50 nests as they protect their territory, incubate eggs, and fly in search of food. This FUN FREE EVENT for all ages is open to all!
Subscribe to our HHH Community News
Want to be notified of our latest news, events, and heron colony updates? Please email email@example.com to be added to our email newsletter. Your email address will never be shared with 3rd parties.
Photos from our Heron Gallery
Here are some photos taken a few years back by a local photographer named Mike Hamilton. His photos are available on another website (see www.mikehamilton.biz), but he has graciously given us permission to publish some of his work.
- Enjoy the pleasure and tranquility of weeding with the Restoration Committee folks in one of our Kiwanis Ravine native plant gardens.
- Public Relations - Be the "go to" person for contacting local publications and community organizations telling them of HHH's events and activities.
- Visualize and Staff SeaFair table - We need people to help conceive a display table at the annual Magnolia SeaFair event and to help staff that table.
- Assist Outreach Committee in trying to improve Seattle's tree ordinance and be a "watchdog" for protecting the herons.
- Inventory - Plan and conduct a tree inventory in the 500' GBH buffer area.
- Start a Hospitality Committee to support our events.
- Join the group of active members and eventually become a Board member.